21 years. I have been on this planet for 21 years now.
To celebrate this milestone, I am going to be sharing 21 lessons that I’ve learned over these 21 years. Plus, I’ve included photos for every lesson that I’ve learned!
P.S. You know you’re getting old when your own baby pictures make you tear up!
Here we go:
- There is magic in this world, you just have to be brave enough to go out and look for it.
2. Always keep something sweet in your house. My personal favorite are break and bake cookies 🙂
3. Everyone you meet is fighting some sort of battle. Always be kind.
4. Love people with all that you have.
5. Life is more fun when you’re weird.
6. It takes a village to make it through this life, find yours and hold onto them forever.
7. Try to eat at least a couple of vegetables a few times a week.
8. No matter how many times you fall on your face, keep getting back up and you’ll eventually get to where you want to be.
9. The people who work the hardest will be the most successful.
10. Never stop learning about other people, places, and cultures.
11. Be sure to have a creative outlet!
12. You are more than your GPA or your ACT score.
13. You are on your own timetable, don’t compare your successes or your failures to someone else’s.
14. Staying connected to nature in some way can relax you and help you be more productive.
15. Sometimes all you need is to blast your favorite songs on your way home.
16. People will disappoint you, and the ones you think you know best will surprise you the most.
17. Everyone needs a fictional hero, be sure to choose yours wisely. Mine is Brooke Davis from One Tree Hill! She is everything that I want to be when I grow up!
18. If you have a friend who makes you feel like everything is a competition, they are not your friend.
19. Find your passion. Money isn’t everything!
20. At the end of the day, you are the one who has to be happy with how your life turned out. Follow your heart and your path, not anyone else’s!
21. The hardest part of anything is starting. If there is something that you want to do, just go for it!
This last lesson is the one that has hit home for me the most in this past year. I truly believe that you should go for whatever it is that you want to do in life, and don’t worry about what anyone else thinks!